Taking the time to help children and families is an incredibly rewarding process. Find out how your talents can make a difference toward preventing child abuse and neglect in Kent County. In 2010, there were over 11,000 cases of abuse and neglect in Kent County – together we can bring the number down. Or, prevent abuse from occurring in the first place.
How do I get involved?
Let us know you’re interested by completing our volunteer inquiry form! We’ll get back with you to within a few days to schedule a time to talk more.
- Make a difference in the lives of children and families in Kent County
- Connect families with community support and resources
- Gain the satisfaction of knowing that you are part of a team that works to prevent child abuse and neglect
- Increase your social network
- Build your resume
- Have fun
We have an array of volunteer opportunities. If none fit your skills or interests, contact us and we can work together to develop an opportunity. Note that volunteers are free to set their own schedule or volunteer during normal business hours (M-F 8:30am – 5pm). Occasional weekend and evening hours are also available. We even have projects you can take home! Please click HERE to learn more about our traditional volunteer opportunities, such as:
- Playing and Creating with Kids: This is a one-time volunteer opportunity: November 14th from 7am-10am at Noto’s on 6600 28th St. during our Connections Circle Event.
- Administrative Support – Develop handouts and materials used in our Community Education trainings and our Resources Against Violent Encounters program. Support our Connections program mailings and help us stay organized. Prepare resource material for families who have requested information through our Healthy Start phone call component.
- Receptionist and Administrative Support – Be the first face of Family Futures by greeting guests and supporting our receptionist.
- Adopt a Mailing – Group Project - Be one of the many organizations, businesses and families that donate their time to supporting families and children by preparing mailings for our Connections program. This opportunity is perfect for groups who want to explore a new environment, spend time together and give back!
- Connections Scoring Specialist – Learn about child development by scoring our Ages and Stages Questionnaires, the tool we use to assess a child’s development in our Connections program.
- Data Entry – Do you love data and children? Put these passions together and help us actualize the impact Family Futures programs are making in our community.
- Healthy Start Family Support – Support parents by providing phone call support during the stressful first year of their child’s life.
- Hospitality – Creative Support - Use your creativity to make our volunteers and guests feel loved by making cards, baking cookies, or couponing for cheap snacks!
- Team Leader/Project Captain – Facilitate a fun, productive and meaningful experience for volunteer groups as they compile large mailings (200+) of resources specific to the needs of our Connections families.
Call (616) 454-HOPE (4673) ext 163, or email Kelsey at email@example.com to request more information about volunteering. To get started, complete our volunteer inquiry form! We’ll get back with you to within a few days to schedule a time to talk more.